Australian Test captain Michael Clarke has claimed that it is a mistake to ignore English batsman Kevin Pietersen for the summer�s Ashes 2015.
England will be weaker without Kevin Pietersen, the 34-year-old claimed as he prepared for the Ashes in England starting in July 8.
"There's probably two sides for me - there is the personal side where obviously I feel for KP [Pietersen] because I get on well with him and I would love to see him back playing cricket for England," Clarke said at a media conference at Sydney Airport.
"His form has been outstanding, he's still a great player, I know he still wants to play so I feel for him on that side.
"On the other side, we go there soon to play against England. Any team without Kevin Pietersen in it, I don't think is as strong."
The most controversial batsman was sacked by ECB last year following a 5-0 defeat to Australia.
However Pietersen was told last week by Andrew Strauss, who is a director of cricket, that the 34-year-old will not be playing for the country again due to �trust� issues with players and the management.
The Aussies will be looking for their first Ashes win away from home since 2001 when they meet England in Cardiff on July 8.

0 Komentar untuk "What Clarke has to say about Pietersen�s snub?"